Monday, August 20, 2012

We Eat Dinner In The Bathtub...

Sam (and our team member Nate) have been in Kinshasa, the capital city of DRC, for the last week at one of our MAF bases.  The Caravan had routine maintenance that was needed and Sam had some checkout flights to do with the Chief Pilot there. We are anxiously awaiting his arrival home tomorrow.  It has felt like the longest week for us!  But, while Daddy was gone, we made the best of it!

We always get a kick out of reading this book...and so an idea was born!

I surprised the kids with an impromptu reading while our pizza was baking...

 
And it was followed up by a picnic in the bathtub of course!  They loved it (and so did  I)!

I'm not sure if Charlie got more marker on the paper or himself!  He loves markers!  And I have several tables, curtains, and a couch cover to prove it!

Brady found my jewelry stash during his quiet time...
Talia actually dressed up the dumptruck (including some heart undies)...this is how my girl plays with trucks

"Swimming"...complete with tubes!

Hurry back Daddy!  We need some more testosterone in the house!


2 comments:

Chris said...

You are such a fabulous Mom! These are things they will remember many years down the road. I love how unique each of your children are. Never a dull moment! Charlie is hilarious with the markers. I love you. Keep up the blogs, Very entertaining..

jademarine said...

Love it. Glad I found your blog. looking forward to spending some time looking at earlier posts
Eating dinner in the bathtub sounds like something i would have done with my kids years ago