Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Thought for the Day...

I have recently been struck by a thought that is so profound to my life and yet so simple. I am saddened that I have not really thought about it before. I have realized over the last couple of weeks that I have unintentionally separated my Christian faith from various parts of my life. I truly believe that I am a Christian first, then a wife, mother, daughter, friend, etc. Being a Christian should permeate my entire life. God's name and praises should always be on my lips. For example, when looking over this blog, you would never know that I am a Christian. Why is that? Why have I not even mentioned God on here when He is the most important part of my life? I would consider myself a strong Christian and yet, where is the evidence of this? This must change. God is not only my God on Sundays. God is at the soul of who I am. I love Him with my whole heart and am now trying to live for Him with my whole life.

I would encourage you all to check out my friend, Shilo's blog at www.myplaceofpeace.blogspot.com (she has given me permission to share this). When you get there, scroll down to the entry titled "Calling All Perfectionists". I absolutely LOVED this and it fit me to a T! I tend to be an all or nothing type of person with my Bible study time (and my workout time) and the idea of a "spiral" is such a great answer to a problem that plagues many moms (and people in general). I hope you are as encouraged by it as I am!

I wanted to share with you my favorite verse. It has continued to be my favorite verse since my college days. "But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord gave you: to love the Lord your God, to wak in all His ways, to obey His commands, to hold fast to Him and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul." Joshua 22:5

May you know God's love in profound ways...may He run deep in your soul...may you know His comfort, guidance and wisdom...

I love you my dear family and friends and I pray that you listen to the call He is making in your heart...may you sincerely search and find Him...Love, Dawn

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Just read your friend's post about being a Perfectionist and I too suffer from that most days. I am going to buy a Spiral and never thought of NOT dating a page...but wise advice! Thanks!

jennyunruh said...

Dawn, this is my first visit to your blog, and loved it! I first looked at all the pictures Your kids are beautiful and full of life and joy. And then I read what you wrote and loved it, the honesty, humility and love for God and people. You are an amazing woman of God and your love for others is encouraging to me. I love the verse. May God richly bless you my friend. Love, Jenny Unruh